11.21.2008

NFAC The Christmas Tree Original outsider folk art painting

This months Nibblefest 's theme is Christmas Trees. I found this a difficult theme, and decided that while fir trees are beautiful I needed to move in a different direction. I wanted the soft cool crisp feeling of the Christmas morning and the warmth of the surprise that the colour of Christmas brings to the world.

This brought me to this abstracted tree with a single red ball. Is it a Christmas ball? Or is it the last apple some how magically left pristine in the silence of winter waiting for a small animal to find the magnificent present?

2 comments:

Tagscats said...

hey cool Nibble piece!

BTW, tag, you're it! If you want details, go to my blog! No obligation to play, but, it's interesting!

wicked said...

LOL Tag from Tag I'll check it out later today!